With a cart being used constantly, the battery may become defective and wear out over time. To determine if the battery is at fault, follow the steps below.
- Phillips Head Screwdriver (or 1/8" Allen Wrench)
- Locate the two Phillips head screws (or socket cap screws) that secure the rear cover to the base. Remove these two screws and the rear cover from the base and place to the side.
- Remove the battery from the base. There should be enough slack in the cables for the battery to be removed without having to disconnect any cables.
- On the top of the battery, there is a button along with 5 light bars in a row that ascend. Press the button and record how many bars illuminate after the button is pressed (a full battery will show all bars lit up).
- Take the leads of the voltmeter and measure the voltage of the battery.
Record this the voltage that was measured by the voltmeter (a full charged battery will show a voltage of approximately 13.3 V).
- Check the fuse that is in the power cable (red box on the cable). Remove the fuse and check to see if the fuse has blown or not. If blown, the metal inside of the plastic will have a gap.
- If the lights, voltage, or fuse seem incorrect, please contact Altus so the issue can be resolved.