The controller is basically the engine of the cart. It converts power to the battery and relays power to the rest of the cart. If the controller acts up, power may not get to the designated areas where it is supposed to send power. Luckily, the controller has its own diagnostic system, like in a car, where it can help determine why a cart has an issue. Follow the steps below to utilize the diagnostic system.
Install MPM View
MPM View can be installed to any computer that can be plugged into the cart through a USB. This can be the computer/tablet that is on the cart at all times or it can be a computer/tablet that is used by the IT department. This program CANNOT be accessed by Altus remotely. We will require screenshots of the program when we try to diagnose the issue.
- Please download the MPM View program (must be on Windows): http://connectivity.powervar.com/mpm/altus/files/mpm-view-1.1.12848-1-winnt-5.2-intel.msi.
- Open the file created by the download and run the program to completely install the program to the computer/tablet.
Open MPM View
- Locate the installed program and double click the program. This will allow for MPM View to be opened in the task bar.
- Go to the cart that needs to be diagnosed. Turn the cart on and/or plug the cart in to a power outlet and then plug the USB that is inside the top of the cart into the computer/tablet that is being used for diagnosing the cart.
- Go the taskbar on your computer and locate the MPM View icon. It will be one of the four icons shown below.
Right click on the icon and select Open MPM Tech View.
Use MPM View
- When opened, the screen will look like the following image.
This screen will show you the status for both the controller and the battery. The main titles to look at are Overall Status, State of Health, Charge, Estimated Time Remaining, and Current Alarms. These will give you a quick look into how the cart is behaving.
To determine whether or not there is an issue with the controller or battery, you need to look at the Current Alarms header on the Status Page. If the alarms are green or blue, the status is normal. If there is a yellow or red alarm (not including Battery Charge Threshold), report this issue back to Altus. If you would like to continue with the investigation on your own, you can go to Alarms and Remedies for MPM View and it will tell you what to do for any alarm that your cart is experiencing.