This needs to be checked when no power is being supplied to the three-plug outlet on the cart, meaning no power is getting to your electronics. Follow the steps below to check if the controller is supplying the correct voltage to the three-plug outlet.
Tools Required: Phillips Head Screwdriver (or 1/8" Allen wrench), Voltmeter
- At the base of the cart, locate the two pan head Phillips head screws, or socket head screws, that secure the front cover to the base (one on each side).
- Remove the two screws, along with the cover, and place them to the side.
- Beneath the cover is the controller. Locate the thicker black cord that connects to a white cord (AC out is shown on the controller at base of cable). Disconnect these two cords.
- Turn the cart ON (furthest left light on handle illuminated). Using the voltmeter, insert the leads of the voltmeter into the plug on the controller and measure the AC voltage. If the voltage is approximately 120V, the controller is functioning normally. If the value is significantly lower, the controller is at fault. Continue to step 5 if the voltage was correct.
- Reconnect the cables and reattach the front cover.
- Locate the three-plug outlet. With the cart turned on, see if a red light is shown on the three-outlet plug. If on, the cord works properly. If off, the cables has malfunctioned and will need to be replaced.